Compared to the exciting times in China in May, June has been more back to basics in terms of news. Or is it a sign summer holidays are nearing? China does not honor the concept of a summer holiday, but traditionally we do see a drop in traffic during the summer, allowing us to have a break too.
We have started to experiment with the Google+ Hangouts, in different formats, and although we are still fine-tuning the effort, we see the first results also here in our top-5 most-read stories. We will take the summer for some more fine-tuning and hope to organize a weekly show in September. What have been the most-popular stories in June:
- What can China or the West do in South Sudan? - Howard French
- The End of Cheap China, Fortune review - Shaun Rein
- What Chinese Want - Tom Doctoroff
- What is going wrong in localization - Ben Cavender
- Why Google will not win back China - Tricia Wang