|Rupert Hoogewerf (Photo credit: Fantake)|
The economic slowdown is now also hurting the confidence of the luxury consumers, concludes rich-list founder Rupert Hoogewerf or Hurun, based on the 2012 Hurun Luxury Price Index, quoted in the China Daily. Growth is the lowest in six years time.
The China Daily:
The Hurun Report index noted a 4.94 percent increase in the cost of luxury goods bought byChina's wealthiest group, 2.72 percent higher than the national Consumer Price Index, a major gauge of inflation, which experienced a 0.6 percent drop in June.
The Luxury Consumer Price Index is based on the prices of a basket of 62 luxury goods andservices in nine categories over a year's time.
However, the rate of luxury inflation fell 2.79 percent compared with last year's Luxury CPIincrease of 7.73 percent, showing the slowest growth in the past six years.
"The slowdown in the economy has knocked the confidence of the Chinese luxury consumers,"said Rupert Hoogewerf, chairman and chief researcher of Hurun Report.More in the China Daily.
Rupert Hoogewerf or Hurun is a speaker at the China Speakers Bureau. Do you need him at your meeting or conference? Do get in touch or fill in our speakers' request form.
- Australia follow US, France as top destination rich - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Chinese investors expect high risks, high returns - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- One in 1,300 a millionaire in China? Hurun rich list debated (wantchinatimes.com)
- The high ambitions of China's consumers - Tom Doctoroff (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Products: tools for personal development - Tom Doctoroff (chinaspeakersbureau.info)