China's women might not make it into the country's ruling Politburo, they do dominate the global self-made rich women list, says Hurun rich list founder Rupert Hoogewerf in the China Daily. "The are like the Chinese ping-pong team, unbeatable."
The China Daily:
Rupert Hoogewerf, chairman and chief researcher of the Hurun Report, said the most interesting feature of the Global Self-made Rich Women List is the dominance of wealthy Chinese women.
"Of the top 22 self-made rich women in the world, 11 are from China," said Hoogewerf.
"The numbers are overwhelming. Chinese women in business, are like the Chinese ping-pong team, at the moment, unbeatable."
According to the list, around 30 percent of the self-made rich women are engaged in property development, 20 percent in manufacturing and 14 percent in apparel.
Among the locations where China's richest women built their business empires, Guangdong province was the most popular, followed by Zhejiang province on the east coast, and Beijing.
"Today people are talking about the internationalization of Chinese business," said Hoogewerf. "What is completely international is the women in business."More in the China Daily.
Rupert Hoogewerf is a speaker at the China Speakers Bureau. Do you need him at your meeting or conference? Do get in touch or fill in our speakers request form.
- Who are China's superrich? - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- China's rich now only go for top luxury brands - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Fulfillment for China's ultra rich - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Wealth evaporates for most of China's rich - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Family firms feel constraints after one generation - Rupert Hoogewerf (chinaspeakersbureau.info)