The IMF and World Bank are holding their annual meetings in Tokyo for the first time in 50 years. The Chinese withdrawal marks a new stage in the dispute between Beijing and Tokyo over their conflicting territorial claims in the East China Sea. But it also sends a warning to the rest of the world about how China chooses to deal with it.For the sound fragment, click here.
Shaun Rein is a speaker at the China Speakers Bureau. Do you need him at your meeting or conference? Do get in touch or fill in our speakers' request form.
This week's China Weekly Hangout will be on innovation in China, timely as Chinese companies like Huawei and ZTE are under US attack. Check out the announcement here and join us on Thursday.
- Anti-China hysteria in US "concerning" - Shaun Rein (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- 16 Years away from Cheap China - Shaun Rein (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Expecting a soft landing, unless the Eurozone collapses - Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Why China is not cheap anymore - Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- The changing Chinese preferences for luxury goods - Shaun Rein (chinaspeakersbureau.info)